The Faro area is characterized by the unmistakable Faro de Punta Mogotes (Punta Mogotes Light House), that is located inside a theme park and attracts a large number of tourists. The Light House is still in use, and warns boats of the many rocks on the coastline.
The Light House of Punta Mogotes was inaugurated in the year 1891.
Technical Characteristics of the Punta Mogotes Light House:
- The Light House is made of various fit steep plates that are not welded.
- To reach the highest part of the tower it is necessary to climb a spiral staircase with 154 steps.
- The light turns on an axis, and the beam of light turns 180 degrees, without illuminating the City of Mar del Plata.
- The light from the Punta Mogotes Light House reaches almost 46 km of the Coast of Mar del Plata.
- The lighthouse is 35 meters high.
- The illuminating system works with 6 light panels, three of which are in use, while the other three remain as a backup.
- The lighthouse has a balcony with a system that allows the lighthouse to keep working even if there is a blackout in the area.
- In the base of the lighthouse there is a room that serves as the living quarters of the person who is in charge of the maintenance of the lighthouse of Punta Mogotes.
Close to the Faro in Punta Mogotes is Mar del Plata's only camping that can offer wide green spaces right next to the ocean. To the south of the Faro are some of the best beaches in Mar del Plata, that reach the end of the General Puerredon district.
- Rentals and Sales of Houses, Apartments, Offices, Gated Community, Town House, and other Properties.
- Real Estate El Faro, Mar del Plata.
- Sales, rentals, short term, commercial, student accommodation, holiday lets y de apartment share.
- Owner reltals, Owner Sale,
Mar del Plata
Centro de MDP, El Faro, Bristol, La Perla, Los Troncos, Micro Centro MDP, Playa Chica, Playa Grande, Plaza Colón, Puerto de MDP, Punta Mogotes, Sierra de los Padres, Barrio Terminal, Torreón del Monje, Varese.
Aguas Verdes, Cariló, Chapadmalal, General Madariaga, Las Toninas, Mar Azul, Mar Chiquita, Mar de las Pampas, Miramar, Necochea, Ostende, Pinamar, San Bernardo, San Clemente, Santa Clara del Mar, Santa Teresita, Valeria del Mar, Villa Gesell.